Monday, September 20, 2010

A little trip down South

No, I didn't go to the real south. I went 3 hours south of me to Portland. I'd only been once before and never really got to do any exploring except for the zoo. My friend Heidi and I left our kids and husbands behind and went on a little adventure.
We arrived Friday afternoon and immediatley headed to an Outlet mall with the intention of buying rain coats because we both forgot ours and it was pouring out. Of course we got there and never bought the jackets, but I did but Saphire some van's at the van's outlet store, Olivia some birthday toys at the outlet Toy's R us and some clothes at the outlet Gymboree. I walked away spending less than a $100 bucks on a boat load of stuff. I love Oregon's no sales tax!
We then checked into our wonderful hotel and embarked on an adventure to find food( in the rain). After searching up and down we found a little asian fusion resturant that was wonderful. The drinks where a little stiff so we ended up stumbling out of there like a couple of lushes :)
After that we ended up at the venue for the concert we had planned the whole trip for, Michael Franti. I'd never seen him before but all I can say in W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L. The only thing that bugged me was the parents who had their little kids about Olivia's age there. Dumb.
The next morning we ventured to Voodoo donuts who has the world famous maple bar with bacon on it.We waitied an hour and a half in line...totally worth it!



Check out Voodoo donuts here : http://voodoodoughnut.com/

No comments: