Thursday, August 12, 2010

Medical Expenses

I don't get it. We bust our ass to get money to survive, yet we are still living very frugal lives. Yet we make $300  a month over what we need to qualify for medical for the girls. Jeff is not eliable for insurance through his company, and private is way too expensive for us. So now here we are, all uninsured. Jeff and I have been with out health and dental insurance since shortly after my post-natal appointment with Olivia. In order for us to qualify for insurance for the girls again, we would have to have $3,000 dollars in debt in medical bills. Makes no sense AT ALL.
I'm all for helping people in need, I am by no means a crazy Republican against the government intervening in peoples lives. I think everyone should have the equal rights to make a life for themselves. Including, health insurance, food, and clean drinking water. Whenever we can I donate money to charities, as well as donating old clothing, toys, etc. Hardworking people should be given more of a break especially if they are "barely" making it. People who abuse the system should have to go through more extensive background checks or something. I don't know what the answer is to it, all I know is middle class American's or the "normal" American's really get the fuzzy end of the lollipop stick.

No comments: