Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Earth laughs in flowers-the reason


Not that I have many followers, but I figured maybe people are wondering exactly what " Earth laughs in flowers" means to me and why I named my blog it.
"Earth laughs in flowers" is a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson. A great poet of the 1800s. I actually love a lot of his poems and quotes. I am also distantly related to him.He is my great uncle. Which to me is awesome (my maiden last name is Emerson). I think it is kinda cool to be related to such a great and creative writer.
This specific quote stood out to me because I love to laugh. It's probably my favorite thing. I would have to say that flowers are the Earth laughing. Have you ever gotten a flower and not been happy about it? I'd like to say I would like my life to be like that , popping up beautiful things through laughter and happiness. Now this many not always be the case, but one can be positive, can't they?








“Laughter is the closest thing to the grace of God”

No comments: